Sooner or later our souls will return to the maker. And the things you have stored up - whose will they be?
You can’t take anything with you when you die, and at that point it’s too late to do the things you always wanted to do. So personally I think there are a few things you should always remember to do:
- keep yourself healthy and good, physically, emotionally and spiritually
- love and enjoy the people around you
- learn about your gifts and passions and do good work to help improve the world
- be generous with what you have
- savor everyday and make the most out of life
Our possessions are temporary. They will not last. They will fade away. We invest our emotions in them because when we acquire them, they give us a sense of thrill. And we think the thrill will last. But it does not. It fades. And eventually, so will what we acquire. There is only one thing that is not temporary. There is only one thing that you will be able to take from this life to the next, people.
With all that said, stop being too busy chasing things in life to really enjoy life. Whatever you chase will elude you. The same way if you pray for patience you will get many trials and tribulations. It's time you stop making excuses and focus on the things that actually matter, you and the people around you.